- Passive security against situations where a hose or loading arm could be subjected to inadvertent excessive loads.
- Design features are a simple mechanism and no loose components which could be lost after release.
- Operates independently of shut off safety system and does not require an external power source.
- Easy to reset on site with one person
- High flowrate / low pressure drop
- Very low loss, positive shut-off of both cou- pling halves results in minimum product loss.
- Lightweight and robust design.
- Available with ANSI/DIN flanges or threaded (BSP or NPT).
Safety Break-Away Couplings (SBC)
Safety Break-away couplings are used to prevent pull away accidents, protect terminal and loading/unloading equipment and eliminated unwanted product release. The break-away couplings has a diverted breaking point which will break at a determined break-load where upon the internal valves will automatically close on both sides. This will in a longer time frame minimize down time, save money, equipment and the environment.
The Safety Break-away couplings are available as Industrial and Marine type.